Light, airy, and huge… as big as a cat’s head!
Makes 4 large biscuits
||Domata Recipe Ready Flour
||Butter* (chilled in the freezer)
||Milk (or Buttermilk)
||White Vinegar (if using Buttermilk, omit the Vinegar)
- Preheat over to 450º
- Mix milk with vinegar, set aside for 10 minutes – milk will begin to curdle.
- In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Grate the butter into the flour using the small holed side of a box grater. Mix the butter into the flour so that there are no large balls of grated butter.
- Add curdled milk (or buttermilk) and beaten egg to the flour mixture and stir until the dry and liquid ingredients are combined.
- Batter will be sticky; hand sprinkle flour on top of dough, coat hands with flour and roll dough into a ball, gradually adding flour until dough is no longer sticky
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until about ½” thick, cut biscuits out and place on a greased sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes OR until golden brown.